PUSAKA ABADI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PUSAKA ABADI

Pusaka Abadi, almamaterku....

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yupz

yupz

Male Number of posts : 143
Job/hobbies : Hang Out..^^
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters Empty
PostSubject: Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters   Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2007, 17:54

By PAUL LOGOTHETIS, Associated Press Writer
October 19, 2007

Fernando Gonzalez, of Chile, returns the ball to Nicolas Kiefer, from Germany, during their tennis match in the Madrid Masters in Madrid, Friday Oct. 19, 2007.
AP - Oct 19, 5:41 pm EDT
More Photos

MADRID, Spain (AP) -- Rafael Nadal, coming off a five-week layoff because of ailing knees, lost to David Nalbandian 6-1, 6-2 Friday in the Madrid Masters quarterfinals.

It was Nadal's most lopsided defeat in three years.

Roger Federer downed Feliciano Lopez 7-6 (4), 6-4 to set up a matchup against 112th-ranked Nicolas Kiefer, who beat the fifth seed, Fernando Gonzalez, 7-6 (5), 6-2. Lopez, a wild card, committed 34 unforced errors against the top-ranked Federer.

Nadal, who sat out after the U.S. Open because of tendinitis, had five winners and 29 unforced errors against Nalbandian.

"It's hard to play worse, which makes it a lot easier to go forward from this," Nadal said. "I didn't go in with a clear enough idea of the match I wanted to play."

"I took advantage of all of Rafa's bad shots," Nalbandian said. "I think Rafa never felt comfortable out there."

Nalbandian, an Argentine ranked No. 33, will play Novak Djokovic, who defeated Mario Ancic 7-6 (2), 6-2, in his first semifinal of the year.

The second-ranked Nadal, coming off a 7-6 (5), 6-4 win Thursday against Andy Murray, was slow to reach Nalbandian's groundstrokes and broken by the third game.

A double-fault in the fifth game set up another break chance for Nalbandian, whose forehand clipped the net to skip beyond Nadal for 4-1. After holding to love, Nalbandian reached Nadal's overhead smash for a crosscourt winner and the set.

The Spaniard's layoff showed as he looped returns out of play or into the net. But Nadal refused to blame fatigue for the loss.

"I don't want to come up with an excuse," he said. "When you lose, you lose. I think the result reflects enough. It wasn't my day. I never felt good at any point."

Djokovic, who reached the semifinals for the 11th time this year, needed treatment on his left ankle before the second set.

Djokovic, the U.S. Open finalist who won Masters titles in Miami and Montreal this year, saved three break points in the opening game despite making six unforced errors. In the 12th game, Ancic reached a volley near the baseline and sent a crosscourt passing shot beyond Djokovic to force the tiebreaker.

The 29th-ranked Croat, who missed more than six months of the season because of mononucleosis, couldn't return two straight serves from Djokovic, who went ahead 5-1 in the tiebreaker.

At 1-1 in the second set, Ancic twice hit into the net and was broken. Djokovic broke again in the fifth game.

Gonzalez couldn't set up a finals rematch against Federer despite getting out quickly with a break in the third game.

Kiefer immediately broke back as both players held serve until the tiebreaker, where the German's powerful strokes forced Gonzalez into making errors.
Back to top Go down
~CyN~

~CyN~

Female Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters   Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2007, 15:25

wduh2 translete in donk kk mklum inggris g krg bgus.wkwkwwk

rquest donk bhas ttg basket, bsa ga?hehehehe
Back to top Go down
yupz

yupz

Male Number of posts : 143
Job/hobbies : Hang Out..^^
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters   Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2007, 19:49

ni kan tennis, basket kan thread nya beda lage..

wew, bljr lah.. malas u.. wakakka... nanti gw cari yg pake bhs indo d..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters   Rafael Nadal upset by David Nalbandian in Madrid Masters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PUSAKA ABADI :: Joy And Fun :: Sport-
Jump to: